Suncity Joins Manila Casino Resort Scheme to Venture into Philippines’ Gaming Industry

Hong Kong-listed real estate developer and casino operator Suncity Group Holdings Ltd. revealed Tuesday plans to tap into the Philippines’ rapidly expanding casino industry.

The company said in filing to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange that it has purchased a majority stake in Philippines-based Suntrust Home Developments, which has previously unveiled plans to co-develop and operate a hotel and casino resort in Manila.

The capital of the Philippines already hosts four integrated resorts, with those being managed by some of Asia’s biggest gaming and hospitality companies, as well as other gambling establishments.

Commenting on their decision to enter the Philippines brick-and-mortar casino market, Suncity Executive Director Andrew Lo said earlier today that “outside of Macau the most decent city for gaming is Manila because of the scale, three international brands and facilities, airport […] quite convenient.”

A subsidiary of Malaysian casino giant Genting Group, Japan’s Okada Holdings, and Macau’s Melco Resorts & Entertainment are the three international casino resort operators Mr. Lo referred to in his comments.

The Casino Resort Project

In a separate statement, Suntrust, the company Suncity bought a majority stake in, said that it has signed an agreement to develop and exclusively operate the main hotel casino portion of a planned integrated resort in Manila.

Suntrust will run a 400-room hotel and a casino with around 400 gaming tables and 1,200 slot machines, under the deal. The gaming floor will be intended for both mass market players and high rollers, it also became known.

Suntrust’s Manila hotel-casino will be part of the larger Westside City Resorts World project. The company will lease the operation from Westside City Resorts World Inc. and Travellers International Hotel Group Inc., a joint venture between Philippine conglomerate Alliance Global Group Inc. and Genting Group’s Genting Hong Kong Ltd., which also currently operates the Resorts World Manila casino resort in the Philippine capital.

As of June 30, 2019, developers of the Westside resort have spent PHP96.5 billion (approx. $1.9 billion) on the major scheme. The property is expected to open doors by 2023.

Suncity needs approval from the Philippine Securities and Exchange Commission in order to be able to join the casino resort project, according to its filing with the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.

Suncity’s Japanese Expansion Effort

Aside from its interest in entering the Philippines’ booming casino industry, Suncity has also ramped up its preparations to bid for a gaming license that would authorize it to tap into Japan’s nascent casino market.

Earlier this week, the company announced that it has partnered with international architecture firm Aedas to put forward a proposal for an integrated resort in the Japanese prefecture of Wakayama. Suncity said in a statement that it wants to create a unique project “combining Wakayama prefecture’s historical tradition, natural landscape and cultural essence.”

The company went on that it has “clear understanding of integrated resorts” which would enable it to utilize its resources and “present to the world the diversity of Wakayama.”

Sources: Hong Kong’s Suncity to operate Philippine casino-resort, Reuters

Suncity partners with Aedas architects for Wakayama project, GGRAsia

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on the day’s top casino news stories

The post Suncity Joins Manila Casino Resort Scheme to Venture into Philippines’ Gaming Industry appeared first on Casino News Daily.

GiG Expands Online Casino Footprint with Croatian Market Entry

Online gambling company Gaming Innovation Group is set to enter Croatia’s regulated online casino market through the acquisition of a majority stake in a locally licensed operator, it emerged on Tuesday.

GiG said it has entered into an agreement to purchase 75% of the shares of Croatian company Top Games d.o.o., which holds a license to provide online gambling services on the territory of Croatia.

GiG said that the recently inked purchase agreement would provide market access to one of its in-house brands. The deal is based on a collaborative partnership model and will see GiG enter a new and rapidly growing regulated market, thus expanding its international footprint.

The company explained that it would acquire a 75% stake in Top Games, while the remaining 25% will be retained by the company’s local partner. Top Games has a successful track record of operating brick-and-mortar casino businesses.

The payment for GiG’s latest acquisition is based on contribution of resources by company investors and does not involve cash being paid. GiG’s new Croatian partner will upfront initial costs related to the deal, while the Malta-headquartered gambling group will provide rights for use of one of its in-house brands as well as a gambling platform and expertise in the provision of online gambling services.

Expected Market Entry in H1 2020

GiG said that following the closure of the acquisition deal, which is subject to regulatory approval, it expects to be able to enter the Croatian online casino market in the first half of 2020. The company said that its entry into that new jurisdiction will have moderate impact on its revenues for the second half of 2020. However, it believes that revenue from its Croatian operation will see an accelerated growth from the first half of 2021.

Commenting on Tuesday’s announcement, GiG’s acting CEO, Richard Brown, said that they are excited to further expand their B2C business by entering a new regulated jurisdiction. The gambling executive added that Croatia is a “very interesting marketplace” and their entry into that country is in line with their strategy to “grow our own brands in high potential and regulated markets.”

Aside from growing its online casino presence, GiG has also been venturing into new markets with its online sports betting business over the past year. The company has been particularly focused on growing its US athletic gambling foothold.

Early this year, it launched its sportsbook in New Jersey with Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City. In September, the casino’s parent company, Hard Rock International, and GiG announced that they have extended their partnership beyond the limits of the Garden State.

The casino operator added a GiG-managed over-the-counter sports betting operation at its Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City in Iowa to tap into that state’s newly opened wagering market. GiG and Hard Rock also revealed plans to launch an online and mobile sportsbook in Iowa at some point in the fourth quarter of the year.

Source: Gaming Innovation Group to enter the Croatian market through majority share acquisition, GiG.com

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on the day’s top casino news stories

The post GiG Expands Online Casino Footprint with Croatian Market Entry appeared first on Casino News Daily.

EGT Interactive Enters Sweden, Expands in Portugal with Betclic Deal

Bulgarian online casino games supplier EGT Interactive has continued to deliver on its strategy to extend its footprint across European markets with a recently forged deal with French gambling group Betclic.

Under the terms of the deal, the operator’s flagship Betclic brand as well as its Expekt operation have gone live with EGT Interactive’s library of online slots. As a result from the recent roll-out of content by the Bulgarian provider, Betclic and Expekt players now have access to EGT Interactive hit titles such as 40 Super Hot, Amazons’ Battle, The Story of Alexander, and Shining Crown.

Apart from the fact that the recently penned deal has increased EGT Interactive’s network of customers, the company will also benefit from it by entering the newly reorganized Swedish online gambling market for the first time. EGT Interactive titles are now live with Betclic’s Expekt brand in that regulated jurisdiction.

Sweden liberalized its online gaming space early this year to open it to international operators. Betclic has been among the companies licensed by the local regulator, Spelinspektionen, to service Swedish gambling customers in a regulated environment.

EGT Interactive commercial deal with the major French operator will also see the content supplier cement its footprint across the Portuguese gaming market. Betclic was the first operator to go live in Portugal after the reorganization of the country’s iGaming space. It launched sports betting operations in May 2016 and was licensed to provide online casino services to local players later that year.

Partnering a “Trusted and Serious” Operator

Commenting on their agreement with Betclic, EGT Interactive’s Chief Executive, Todor Zahariev, said in a press release published Friday on his company’s official website that they are “delighted to sign this agreement with such a trusted and serious partner as Betclic Group.”

Mr. Zahariev added that “for the first time our content is available for the Swedish players under Expekt brand” and that they are looking forward to entering this new jurisdiction under their partnership with Betclic, whilst they “continue our solid growth in the well-known Portuguese and Maltese regulated markets with Betclic Group following our goal for extensive distribution.”

Betlic Casino Games Specialist François Dogon commented that they are thrilled to expand their offering with “such a reputable provider with a long tradition in the land based and superior online game offering” and that they are confident EGT Interactive’s titles will “add further value to our players experience.”

News about EGT Interactive’s partnership with Betlic emerged just days after the content provider announced another major deal. Earlier this week, the Bulgarian supplier revealed that it had teamed up with Lottoland, a Gibraltar-based online gambling operator that is best known for offering bets on the results of more than 30 different lottery draws.

Under the terms of that deal, Lottoland will diversify its online casino offering with some of EGT Interactive’s most popular online gaming titles.

Source: EGT Interactive enters into the Swedish market with Betclic, EGT-Interactive.com

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on the day’s top casino news stories

The post EGT Interactive Enters Sweden, Expands in Portugal with Betclic Deal appeared first on Casino News Daily.

Microgaming, Gameburger Studios Cook Up Fiery New Africa-Themed Slot

Microgaming summons fans of its content from around the world to an adventure through Africa’s deepest jungles with its newest slot 9 Masks of Fire, developed exclusively by Gameburger Studios.

Fire is an ever-present element in the latest addition to Microgaming’s hefty and constantly growing portfolio of online casino games.

The new 9 Masks of Fire slot promises an Africa-themed journey with its glowing visuals and authentic drum sounds that set the mood for an action-packed and mystery-filled adventure. Microgaming’s new title is a 20-payline slot that takes players on a hunt for masks of fire across five fiery reels that are packed with powerful gameplay features, including free spins, Mask Pays, and a Free Spin Wheel.

The Mask Pays feature is unlocked when at least three mask symbols appear on the grid. Players can win up to 2,000x their bets when all nine masks land on the screen.

Three scatter shield symbols trigger up to 30 free spins. In addition, when the Free Spin Wheel slides into the grid, it bring a 3x multiplier that is applied to line wins. More free spins can be retriggered for additional spins equal to those of the initial trigger.

The new 9 Masks of Fire slot is now available exclusively across Microgamings network of online gambling operators.

Gameburger Studio’s Second Release

Microgaming’s new Africa-themed title was created by newly launched online gaming content developer Gameburger Studios. Microgaming announced that the games studio has joined its network of independent developers this past August.

Gameburger Studios was brought to life with a mission to reimagine and deliver authentic land-based casino experience to the online gaming space. The studio said that it would be experimenting with mechanics, visuals, and features in a bid to “spice up” Microgaming’s portfolio of casino games and the experience its provides to customers of its network of operators.

The hit slot Break da Bank Again Respin, a revamped version of Microgaming’s classic game, was the first product of the collaboration between the veteran gaming provider and Gameburger Studios.

Of their second release with Microgaming, Gameburger Studios Creative Director Matt Carvajal said that they “proudly invite players to come and explore the high-energy world of Africa with the new game and its “thrilling graphics and a rhythmic soundtrack that truly embraces the African theme.”

He added that “the addition of the Free Spin Wheel offers a highly entertaining experience with tremendous win potential.”

Microgaming’s Director of Global Operations, James Buchanan, hailed Gameburger Studios “for cooking up this fun and engaging take on a popular game genre.”

Of the latest title in their portfolio, Mr. Buchanan said that “9 Masks of Fire is a high-energy online slot brimming with explosive visuals and a pulsating soundtrack that delivers a dynamic, action-packed and feature-rich gameplay experience.”

Source: Microgaming sets the reels ablaze in 9 Masks of Fire™, Microgaming.co.uk

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on the day’s top casino news stories

The post Microgaming, Gameburger Studios Cook Up Fiery New Africa-Themed Slot appeared first on Casino News Daily.

Singapore Regulator Slaps Record Fines on City’s Two Casinos

Singapore’s casino regulator has slapped record fines on the city-state’s two casinos during the previous fiscal year, local news outlet the Straits Times reports.

The two gambling venues received a collective S$746,700 in fines during the April 2018-March 2019 financial year. The amount was the highest recorded in the past five years and represented a significant jump from the 2017-18 financial year when Resorts World Sentosa and Marina Bay Sands were slapped with a total of S$60,000 in penalties.

Fines imposed on Resorts World Sentosa, the hotel and casino resort operated by Malaysian hospitality group Genting, accounted for the bulk of the amount that was collected from violations of Singapore casino regulations.

As revealed by the Singaporean Casino Regulatory Authority, Resorts World Sentosa was fined three times over the previous financial year and had to pay a total of S$730,000. The Singapore’s casino regulator once hammered a S$400,000 fine on the property’s parent company over its failure to implement certain internal controls.

Another penalty of S$250,000 was imposed for “failure to comply with a direction that relates to the conduct, supervision or control of casino operations.” The final fine totaled S$80,000 and was slapped on the casino resort for failure to prevent five underage individuals from gaining access to the property’s gaming floor. The legal gambling age in Singapore is 21.

As for Marina Bay Sands, it was fined twice during the 2018-19 financial year. The property had to pay a S$10,000 penalty for failure to prevent one underage individual from gaining access to its gaming floor and another S$5,000 levy for failing to prevent one permanent resident from entering its gaming floor without paying the required entry fee.

Expansion at Singapore’s Two Casino Resorts

Earlier this year, the government of Singapore agreed to extend the casino exclusivity of the city-state’s two gaming resorts through 2030 in exchange for pledges by their owners to expand the properties and add more attractions that would boost international visits.

Both Resorts World Sentosa and Marina Bay Sands unveiled S$4.5 billion expansion plans that would create two of the world’s largest integrated resorts. The owner of Marina Bay Sands plans to add a fourth hotel tower located near the property’s three existing ones. The new building will feature 1,000 hotel suites and its own sleek rooftop that will very much resemble the main resort’s iconic shiplike roof.

At Resorts World Sentosa, Genting will expand the property’s gross floor area by about 50% and will add 164,000 square meters of new attractions, entertainment, and lifestyle offerings, including a Minion Park and a “larger-than-life” Super Nintendo World immersive theme park, among others.

Singapore’s two casino resorts opened doors in 2010. The two properties quickly became extremely popular with Asian high rollers and turned the city-state into one of the world’s largest casino markets, behind only Macau and Las Vegas.

Source: RWS and MBS fined more than $700,000 by casino watchdog in the last year, StraitsTimes.com

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on the day’s top casino news stories

The post Singapore Regulator Slaps Record Fines on City’s Two Casinos appeared first on Casino News Daily.