Las Vegas Crime News Roundup: Anti-Trump Song Leads to Shooting

A couple who played a song, “F**k Donald Trump,” as they were parked at a Vegas residence displaying a pro-Trump yard sign, got their car sprayed with bullets last week.

Donald Trump
Donald Trump. pictured above. A couple played a song critical of the former president. Their vehicle was sprayed by bullets. (Image: Council on Foreign Relations)

So far, the couple, not the shooter, were arrested for the violent incident.

Jennifer Lund, 38; and Timothy Parks, 45, remain in the Clark County Detention Center as of Saturday. They both were charged with assault, battery and stalking, according to Las Vegas TV station KLAS.

The incident began last Sunday when Parks and Lund decided to stop at the house. The song, also known as “FDT,” was being played from the car.

“Parks parked his Tesla in front of the residence with Lund in the passenger seat… [playing] the song …,’” police said.

Upon hearing the song, three men went up to the Tesla. Lund allegedly screamed at the trio. One of the men punched Parks, police said.

Then, one of three men pulled out a firearm. As the Tesla drove away, the man fired at least seven shots at the car.

Before leaving the location, the Tesla was put in reverse and the motorist drove over the foot of one of the three men, police said.

“Lund stated since [the people] put the Trump sign in their yard, she feels like she has every right to tell them how she feels about it,” according to a police report quoted by KLAS.

Lund advised this was not the first time she went to that house to play the … Donald Trump song. Lund states she hates Donald Trump and hates every person who represents or votes for him.”

The shooter later told police he fired the gun because he felt threatened, police said.

The couple appeared in Las Vegas Justice Court last week. Judge Rebecca Saxe set bail for both at $20K.

The exact location of the incident wasn’t revealed in local news reports.

Las Vegas Murder-Suicide

A Las Vegas man fatally shot his wife and then turned the gun on himself at a residence on Friday.

The Rancho Destino Road shooter died by suicide, police said.

A caller initially alerted the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) about the shooting at 5:34 p.m. on Friday.

Police officers arrived at the residence. Officers entered the house and found the bodies. They had passed away in the apparent murder-suicide.

Autopsies will be performed by the Clark County coroner’s office. Their names will be identified, and doctors will confirm the cause and manner of death.

The post Las Vegas Crime News Roundup: Anti-Trump Song Leads to Shooting appeared first on Casino.org.

EGT Digital and Casino Sanremo Form Strategic Partnership in Italy

EGT-Digital-and-Casino-Sanremo-High-potential-partnership-in-ItalyEGT Digital has announced a significant collaboration with Casino Sanremo, marking another milestone in the Bulgarian company’s expansion across the Italian gaming market. As part of this partnership, EGT Digital now provides a diverse selection of slot games and jackpots for Casino Sanremo’s online betting platform. This collaboration is expected to enhance the casino’s digital offerings, allowing its customers to enjoy an extensive range of high-quality gaming content.

Strengthening Online Presence

Zornitsa Boncheva, EGT Digital’s Regional Manager for Italy, expressed her enthusiasm about the new venture. “Thanks to the excellent reputation of our brands, whose products are well known in the country, Casino Sanremo decided to enhance its portfolio with EGT Digital’s slot titles. We are very happy to have the opportunity to work with them and support them in increasing their online presence.”

The partnership with Casino Sanremo aligns with the company’s strategic goals to strengthen its presence in Italy’s rapidly growing iGaming sector. Boncheva highlighted that this collaboration would help EGT Digital solidify its position as one of the preferred providers of slot solutions and iGaming content in the region.

Casino Sanremo’s Cross-Media Strategy

Gian Carlo Ghinamo, President and CEO of Casino Sanremo, echoed this sentiment, noting that the integration of EGT Digital’s slot games was part of the casino’s broader cross-media strategy. This approach seeks to provide customers with a seamless gambling experience, both online and at the casino’s physical venue. By enhancing its digital portfolio, Casino Sanremo aims to cater to the evolving preferences of its customers, offering a blend of traditional and modern gaming options.

G2E Las Vegas Showcase

This new partnership with Casino Sanremo comes on the heels of EGT Digital’s impressive showcase at the G2E Las Vegas 2024 event, where the company demonstrated its cutting-edge iGaming solutions. EGT Digital unveiled its top-performing jackpot systems, including Bell Link, High Cash, Clover Chance, and the Single Progressive Jackpot, as well as its latest slot game Senor Muerto, which features a vibrant Dia de los Muertos theme. The company’s proprietary betting platform, X-Nave, was also on display, showcasing its ability to streamline operator functions with advanced CRM, gaming aggregation, and payment gateway solutions.

Future Prospects

As EGT Digital continues to expand its footprint across Europe, the partnership with Casino Sanremo signifies its growing influence in Italy’s competitive iGaming landscape. The collaboration promises to not only enhance Casino Sanremo’s offerings but also allow EGT Digital to further penetrate the European market, building on its reputation for delivering engaging and innovative gaming experiences.

Source:

EGT Digital and Casino Sanremo: High-potential partnership in Italy, EGT Digital, October 17, 2024.

The post EGT Digital and Casino Sanremo Form Strategic Partnership in Italy appeared first on Casino News Daily.

Las Vegas Strip Attraction Closing After Only 7 Months

The Las Vegas Strip just got a little less immersive. “Particle Ink: House of Shattered Prisms” will close on Monday, Oct. 28, after only seven months at the Luxor.

This promotional image was distributed when “Particle Ink: House of Shattered Prisms” opened at the Luxor in April. (Image: MGM Resorts)

Occupying the former wedding chapel on the casino resort’s mezzanine level, “Particle Ink” bills itself as an experience “merging the worlds of art and technology with immersive virtual and augmented reality.” It was created by an art collective called LightPoets and executive-produced by Minneapolis-based entertainment technology company Kaleidoco.

“We are immensely grateful to the Las Vegas community for embracing Particle Ink and allowing us to grow within this incredible city,” Jennifer Tuft, founder of Kaleidoco, said in a statement. “We’ve been honored to share this journey with everyone who has supported us and believed in our vision.”

House of Shuttered Prisms

No reason was provided for the closure. However, there is a rule covering 99.99% of the closures of shows, restaurants, nightclubs and other attractions on the Strip. And that rule is that nothing ever comes to an end here unless it fails to draw enough paying customers to cover the exorbitant cost of modern Strip leases.

In the case of “Particle Ink,” it was a partnership with Luxor/MGM Resorts, which means that the decision to close was probably not their own.

When it opened in April, “Particle Ink” was seen by industry observers as MGM Resorts’ attempt to lure Gen Z — which visits Las Vegas by the millions every year primarily to patronize AREA15 — to the Strip as well.

AREA15 is an entertainment complex located in a series of warehouses northwest of the Strip. Its tenants — anchored by “Omega Mart” from Minneapolis’ Meow Wolf art collective — marry art, technology and commerce so successfully, the City of Las Vegas recently dedicated America’s first “immersive tourism district”  around it.

“Particle Ink” was probably better off waiting for a slot in this district than taking the gamble it did. In the attraction’s previous Las Vegas incarnation — as an independent production called “Speed of Light” staged in a downtown warehouse — it drew sellout crowds and critical raves.

At the Luxor, Particle Ink presents itself in two editions: a daytime walk through trippy projected images called Wanderlust ($27) and a nighttime version that involves live performers, acrobatics and whatever “the deepest secrets of the 2.5th dimension” are supposed to be.

For tickets to its final performances, click here.

 

The post Las Vegas Strip Attraction Closing After Only 7 Months appeared first on Casino.org.

Colorado State Attorneys Ask Federal Court to Toss Tribal Sports Betting Lawsuit

State attorneys in Colorado have asked a federal court to dismiss a lawsuit filed by two federally recognized tribes challenging how sports betting was rolled out in The Centennial State.

Colorado sports betting Ute tribes
A patron at the Ute Mountain Casino Hotel Sportsbook places a wager. The Ute Mountain Ute and Southern Ute Indian tribes have sued the state of Colorado for how online sports betting debuted. (Image: Ute Mountain Casino Hotel)

In July, the Southern Ute Indian Tribe filed a lawsuit in Colorado’s US District Court on claims that the state and Gov. Jared Polis (D) failed to negotiate in good faith as required by the federal Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA). The Ute Mountain Ute Tribe joined the case in September.

The lawsuit challenges how Polis and the Colorado Division of Gaming finalized the state’s sports betting regulations after voters authorized sports gambling during a 2019 statewide referendum.

“The Tribes’ position is substantively incorrect,” the state’s filing read. “However, this Court need not address the merits of this case because it lacks subject matter jurisdiction over the Tribes’ claims and the Tribes fail to state a claim.”

The tribes allege they were kept in the dark about the state deciding not to expand their Class III gaming compacts to include online sports betting. The sovereign nations say they received cease-and-desist letters from the state gaming agency in June 2020 — a month after commercial mobile sportsbooks went live — ordering them to yank their online sports betting platforms. 

State Seeks Dismissal

When Colorado’s online sportsbooks regulated by the Gaming Division took their first wagers in May 2020, so did the mobile Sky Ute Sportsbook. The following month, as the Ute Mountain Ute Tribe was readying to launch its mobile sports wagering operation, the state threatened to revoke the operator licenses of the tribes’ sportsbook partners, US Bookmaking and IGT.

The state told the tribes that while their Class III gaming compacts expanded to include retail sports betting privileges following the 2019 referendum, the constitutional amendment didn’t expand tribal gaming to the internet.

As the Tribes argue that they have a sovereignty interest in their right to control gaming on Indian lands, so too does the State possess a sovereignty interest in the ability to regulate sports betting in Colorado,” the motion to dismiss continued.

The tribes believe the state wants to reap as much revenue from sports betting as possible. And since their Class III gaming compacts don’t include revenue-sharing provisions, a rarity among states that have entered into compacts with their tribal nations, allowing online tribal sportsbooks would presumably cut into the state’s windfall.

State officials told the tribes that they could only operate online sportsbooks if they agreed to share 10% of the sports betting revenue with the state. Another condition was agreeing to have their online sports betting platforms regulated by the Gaming Division.

The tribes say they tried to engage in discussions with the state before the rollout of online commercial sportsbooks but those requests went unfulfilled.

The Sky Ute Casino Resort shuttered its retail sportsbook in July 2023 after determining the operation to be unfruitful. A retail book remains at the Ute Mountain Casino Hotel.

Seminole Repercussions

The crux of the Colorado tribes’ lawsuit seems to hang on a recent federal ruling in Florida that concluded the Seminole Tribe’s running of an online sportsbook doesn’t violate the IGRA so long as the tribe’s internet sportsbook computer servers remain on the tribe’s sovereign land.

The Southern Ute and Ute Mountain Ute tribes seek financial damages and for the court to declare that their compacts provide online sportsbook privileges.

The post Colorado State Attorneys Ask Federal Court to Toss Tribal Sports Betting Lawsuit appeared first on Casino.org.

Las Vegas Trump Supporter Denies Wrongdoing at California Rally for Former President

The Las Vegas man who was apprehended over the weekend at a pro-Donald Trump rally in Coachella, California is proclaiming his innocence this week despite weapons charges.

Donald Trump
Former President Donald Trump, pictured above. A Las Vegas man was cited on weapons charges at the rally for Trump. (Image: X.com)

Vem Miller, 49, who runs a “Veterans in Politics” podcast, was arrested on  Saturday after deputies located firearms and ammo in a car he was driving. He faces two misdemeanors and initially was suspected of an assassination attempt.

As far as what took place this weekend, the allegations made by the sheriff and the deputy are false,” Miller told Las Vegas TV station KTNV. “The only thing that happened is what I do when I go to all these rallies, which is to … let police know I’m carrying, lawfully, firearms in my trunk.”

He didn’t realize gun laws in California’s Riverside County are different from those in Nevada.

Officers charged him after the magazine of his gun was in the chamber and a barrel was improperly on his gun, Miller told KTNV.

He carries the weapons because people have made death threats against him, Miller revealed.

He’s also expecting to bring a case to court in an effort to clear his name.

Miller Loves Trump

Also, Steve Sanson, a Las Vegas resident who serves as president of Veterans In Politics International, further told KTNV that, “Miller loves President Trump.”

He has canvassed for him. He is one of the canvas captains. He was invited by the Trump team to come to California,” Sanson added.

“In California, you have to separate the magazine from the weapon to be in the vehicle legally. In Nevada, the magazine can be in the weapon. That was the only thing he did wrong.”

The car Miller was driving is owned by his parents, according to Sanson. He may not have realized it was unregistered. Miller had multiple IDs in the car because he changed his name when he ran for political office, Sanson added.

Sheriff Defends Deputies

But Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianco said his deputies actually may have halted an attempted assassination against Trump by apprehending Miller.

A sheriff’s deputy “found multiple passports with multiple names, multiple driver’s licenses with different names, the vehicle was unregistered, and the license plate was what we in law enforcement would recognize as one that is homemade and indicative of a group of individuals that claim to be sovereign citizens,” Bianco said in a statement.

There is absolutely no way that any of us are going to truly know what was in his head,” Bianco added. “I can tell you that none of the other probably 50,000 people that showed up for that event brought multiple passports with different names and guns. I am glad that we’re not talking about this after we shot him.”

In recent weeks, there have been two assassination attempts on Trump’s life. In one of them Trump suffered a wounded ear.

The post Las Vegas Trump Supporter Denies Wrongdoing at California Rally for Former President appeared first on Casino.org.